As far as good kettles go, the Smeg KLF03BLUK is the perfect example of a kitchen gadget that not only can add practicality and quality to your life but also heaps of style and ‘cool’ factor.
There is no doubt that one of the kettle’s biggest selling points is its deliberately and authentic-looking retro design. Reminiscent of the kettles seen in images from the 1950s and 1960s, the KLF03BLUK bucks the trend of modern, futuristic-looking kitchenware in favour of something a little more tried and tested – indeed, timeless one might say.
With an impressive 1.7 litre capacity, fast boil time, and ear-friendly low noise levels, there isn’t much to dislike about the Smeg KLF03BLUK at all. Let’s take a closer look at its features and specifications.
Features In Detail
● Placing itself in the running as a contender for a great family kettle, the KLF03BLUK boasts a larger than average 1.7 litre capacity. This equates to an average of seven mug’s worth which is more than enough to make a brew each for an average family or to use for filling a saucepan for pasta or vegetables.
● The kettle features a concealed heating unit that triggers an auto shut off at 100 degrees Celsius. This is a great feature that will help to keep your kitchen safe from potential boiling water overflows or bursts; something to consider if you are kettle shopping with young children to take into account.
● The kettle boasts a stainless steel body that is both easy to clean and quick to conduct heat, the latter obviously helping with the impressive speedy boil times that the manufacturer promises with each turn.
● Although the kettle itself looks retro, the technology hidden within is all very much 21st century. The presence of an anti-limescale filter helps to keep your boiled water tasting completely natural and delicious.
● The 360-degree base is a really useful and practical touch, ensuring that you will always get a clean landing no matter what position you choose to place the kettle back down into its connecting surface.
Let’s take a look at some of the KLF03BLUK’s more detailed specifications and dimensions:
● Item weight – 998 grams
● Item dimensions – 17.6 x 20.8 x 24.7cm
● Capacity – 1.7 litres
● Power – 3000 watts
● Material – Stainless steel
Alongside these basic elements, the KLF03BLUK also boasts neat anti slip feet, a soft touch opening lid, the safety auto shut off that we have already discussed, and a self-professed ‘non drop’ spout that helps to keep your pouring nice and steady (a good thing when dealing with boiling hot liquids).
Advantages and Disadvantages
For those of you who like to weigh up the pros and cons of any item before making a final decision, here are some of the biggest advantages and disadvantages that can be identified with the Smeg KLF03BLUK.
● The kettle is available in a wide range of fun and vibrant colours, meaning that you will certainly be able to customise your choice to complement the rest of your kitchen style.
● The large size is one of the most appealing features because it opens the kettle up to more uses than just a simple cup of tea. Quick hot water for cooking a whole pasta dish can easily be heated in the KLF03BLUK.
● The 360 degree connective base makes it virtually impossible to make a mistake when placing the kettle back down on the surface. This can be crucial when you are carrying it heavy and one-handed.
● For some, the unashamedly retro and vintage look of the kettle might not be attractive. Whilst some regard the chunky, coloured look as timeless, others just see it as old fashioned.
● With an admittedly chunky design, there could be the risk of the kettle being slightly too heavy and cumbersome when filled to capacity with water. This, of course, will be entirely down to the strength of the carrier, but definitely something to bear in mind.
● Some buyers have expressed dissatisfaction that some parts of the self-proclaimed ‘premium’ kettle and base seem to be manufactured from plastic. For the price, some might expect a higher quality combination of materials.
If you’re looking for a funky style with large capacity, this kettle is ideal.
This kettle is an amazing kitchen appliance which comes at a low price under thirty euros, and it is designed using an eye-catching ridged texture together with a lustrous finish and shiny chrome accents. Also, it has a transparent rear window which can be used to monitor filling and make it accurate, which lights up in blue color upon boiling. It has a capacity of 1.7 liters which is equivalent to approximately 6-8 cups. Its limescale filter is also removable which enables east washing. This item comes in a variety of colors in which you can choose on that is favorable for you.