No kitchen is complete without a toaster. Toasters come in a wide variety of models and price ranges. While this is great because it gives you the ability to pick and choose the features you like, it also ends up making the process of shopping for them a little tricky. However, things do not have to be this difficult. In fact, if you know exactly what you are looking for, shopping for a toaster could even be lots of fun. It all depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for the perfect mix of simplicity and functionality, the Bosch Village Toaster is the solution for you.
Why should you go for a simple toaster?
Simple toasters are more affordable but still effective and stylish. They will suit you best when you are on a budget or if you are simply not crazy enough about toast bread to spend all your money on a toaster. If you simply just want some heavenly toast without breaking the bank for a toaster, here is a review of one of the best simple toasters in the market today.
The Bosch Village Collection toaster is a simple toaster that will certainly look awesome in your kitchen. It also goes really well with its counterpart- the Bosch Village Collection kettle.
Bosch Village Collection Key Features
1. Power consumption: This toaster is minimalistic in every sense of the word, including in its power consumption. It is very energy efficient, only working with 825-980 W so you don’t have to constantly worry about power consumption as you prepare your toast.
2. Panel heating elements: The panel heating elements on the Bosch Village Toaster work together with the automatic bread centrig to toast your slices of bread evenly. To guarantee perfect results, the automatic bread centrig features two slots and an electronic sensor.
3. Variable browning control: It has manual browning control. This allows you to manipulate your bread’s toasting and browning. The toaster also has a bun warming function and integrated defrosting as well.
4. High rise facility: It has a lift function which allows for easy removal of bread slices. The function lets you remove bread from the toaster safely without getting burnt. It also has a non-slip base that adds safety and stability to the toaster.
5. Removable crumb tray: The Bosch Village Collection two-slice toaster is equipped with a removable crumb tray to make cleaning easy. When the bread is in the toaster, bread crumbs fall on this tray which is later removed when cleaning.
6. Cancel button: With the Bosch village toaster, you have the ability to cancel, defrost or reheat your slices of bread, all done at the touch of a button. When you are satisfied with the toasting, you can use the cancel button to end the toasting cycle.
7. Defrost and reheat: The defrost feature on this toaster is particularly outstanding. It is able to defrost frozen bread up to a point where both sides are evenly browned. The reheat option, on the other hand, allows you to reheat toasted bread at your own pace without burning it.
8. Safety switch off if toast becomes stuck: Bosch Village toaster has a safety switch that really comes in handy when your toast bread gets stuck in the toaster.
9. Integrated cable storage: It also has integrated cord storage that helps in maintaining tidiness in your kitchen.
10. 2 slice toaster: The Bosch Village Collection toaster can only toast two slices of bread at a go, compared to other similar toasters which can do 4 at a go. This is all part of its simplicity, and it also means if you are single, it is perfect for you.
- It produces really good toasted bread
- It is beautifully designed. It looks great on any kitchen counter
- It is very affordable especially when you consider the variety of features it offers.
- It has exceptionally high build quality, meaning it will last for a very long time
- It is a very high quality simple and minimal toaster.
- It has an integrated defrost and reheat features which work incredibly well.
- It is slow at toasting
- The high rise
facility is not good enough because it does not raise bread slices high
enough for you to collect them safely. It is very easy to get your
fingers burnt while removing bread from this toaster.
- When it’s on high heat settings (2/3) it burns the toast.
- It has no bagel function and cannot fully accommodate large slices of bread because the slots are not deep enough.
- It can only toast 2 slices at a go.